Saturday, July 26, 2014

‘Unplugged’



Thursday, July 11, 2014

I am so very tired…

I have become completely unaware of the energy I have been putting forth to tend to, manage and figure out so many things that I have no control over. Somehow, I continue to fall into this regime and it is so dangerous for me because I am naturally a “fixer” of things. That in mind, it is easy for me to become consumed by issues that are not my own. I have become short, irritable and frustrated on so many levels. I need to waive the proverbial flag and just give up… It is easier said than done.

To list the specific reasons that my blood has been at a constant boil over the past few days would be unfair since the people that it concerns would not be able to defend their actions. So I will choose to remain somewhat vague here. Believe me though, when I say that the issues that I am struggling with have been simmering for quite some time. A close friend actually summed it up deftly; “it was just a matter of time…”

I know in my heart that this is true because I am excellent at holding things inside, locked up tight – all the while putting on that smiling/laughing and unassuming face. Inside however, I am a pressure cooker and eventually everything will explode. Normally I can see how the explosion will turn out, what it will fix or damage. In this case however, I am unable to see any benefit in the impending explosion.

Unplugging seems to be the only logical and mature thing to do at this point. I will have to work hard at it. I think that I can do it… but it will be something that I have to pay attention to in a very methodical way.


No comments:

Post a Comment