Monday, June 9, 2014

‘Money, Real Estate, Friends and Dreams’


Thursday, May 15, 2014


Money
Believe me when I say that its taking the work of a small village to get mom and I completely relocated to Boston. The past couple of weeks have been nonstop discussions about the type of house, the particular neighborhood, price range, LLC’s, IRA’s, trust management and investments. The process has blown me away and I have been learning so many things.

I spent the better part of this past weekend going over real estate listing and financial agreements for my mother. I was informed that my name is going on the title to the house and the reality of that is slowly settling in,. It is her way of making sure that I will be okay. I will never be able to show my appreciation. I really am incredibly blessed.

Real Estate
The demographic charting of Boston proper is taking some getting used to. So far, we have decided on a triple-decker Colonial in the neighborhood of Mission Hill. There is no shortage of Colonial homes in Boston so now it is all about finding the right house.

Friends
Joey, Kevin and Mark have been very involved. They have all actively reached out to their contacts and the proverbial wheels are rolling. As I sit here and think about what everyone is doing, it really warms my heart. Each of them is accomplished in different ways and they have such a vast amount of experience when you connect their professional contacts and combine their knowledge. It gives me a great feeling of security that everything will work out as it should.

Dreams
As I was studying the various maps and property listings, I immediately began to day dream. There is something about the New England architecture, and the streets that I am drawn into. The Google Earth views are beautiful and I began to see myself there. I can’t remember the last time that I envisioned myself in something other than orange. I saw a clear view of myself running down a chilly New England street at dawn with a Doberman pinscher by my side. The entire thing was comforting to me and I became emotional. It was the first time in a very long time that I felt as though I could actually breath. 

I am going to be just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment