Saturday, February 28, 2015

‘I am beginning to believe that procrastination is an epidemic’


Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sometimes you have to sit down, take a deep breath, survey the proverbial land and get your bearings again.  It becomes necessary to re-focus your lens again, if you will. What is it that causes us to continue on – while actively (and sometimes subconsciously) choosing to maneuver around the tasks that truly deserve our more immediate attention? For me, more times than not, it is fear. If that is the case for everyone else, I simply do not know.

There is irony in the fact that so many of us will gladly offer our time and energy to help other people deal with their issues and address things in their lives. But when it comes to our own “STUFF” however, it more often than not gets discussed and considered, and nothing ever happens.

A year ago, I mentioned how incredibly frustrating it was for me to sit by and watch the people I care most about, actively choose to not take advantage of their lives, their choices etc.. Innocently, I hadn’t looked in the mirror. Mind you, I was taking control, being productive and living each day as much as I could in this environment. Still, there were things that I actively chose to ignore as well.

I am not ignoring things now. I am embracing everything… even the complex and awkward things. It’s incredibly difficult to do – and it would be so easy to revert back to my ‘ignorance is bliss’ state – but now, it is too late. Now I realize how many things went unattended because of my own personal fear. I do not want to procrastinate things in my life for the wrong reasons. Clearly, it doesn’t do me any good!

I am penning this entry primarily for those who are closest to me. We, as a familial unit have been making some very big changes and I am hoping we can all stand back and agree, that we can’t stop now. It would of course, be easy to do, but I don’t want to take the easy road anymore.

I just hope that those of you who are constant followers of this blog take these words to heart. Regardless of how you choose to receive the message in this entry, it affects everyone.

We as human beings, can always use some motivation. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment