Friday, May 9, 2014

‘Random Q&A’


Thursday, April 17, 2014

Here is a group of random questions that I have received from people recently:


Q Have you ever spoken to the victim’s families? If so, what did you say to them?

A I have never spoken to them. The law prevents me from doing so and they requested that I never attempt to contact them. If I ever did have that opportunity then I would certainly apologize for the loss. I would try to explain that the events of that night were in no way malicious, that it was truly an accident. Unfortunately, I do not believe that I will ever be afforded that opportunity. I am a murderer in their eyes and I will never be anything but that.


Q Do you have a complex regarding your hair loss?

A Here’s the deal: I realized that I was losing my hair early on in life. I have always expected it because both my grandfathers lost their hair very early on. So I figured that I would follow suit. Initially it took some getting used to but at this point, I have become partial to my shaved head.


Q Other than the night of your accident, what is another big regret that you have in life?

A When the man that I regarded as my father died, my mom bought me a beautiful Doberman puppy. I named him Henri Matisse but took to calling him ‘Bud’. He was my very best friend and we had been through so much together. The fact that I was not with him when he died still haunts me. I should have been with him in the end.

Q Is there a new musician you are currently liking?

A Yes. Her name is Alice Smith. A friend of mine sent me a CD of hers called ‘She’. The entire album is great but I am stuck on a particular song titled ‘Fool for You’. I can’t get enough of it.


Q Is there a specific character trait or behavior that you had growing up that you wish you didn’t have?

A Not long after relocating to Scottsdale, I really began struggling with my identity. The culture, people and lifestyle here was so different than anything that I knew. I was coming from a place where a person was accepted because of who they were, not how much money they had or where they lived. In Scottsdale, I was enrolled in an uber wealthy private school. The students there were judgmental and critical of everything. Having money, cars and the right address was simply not enough to be accepted. In the interest of maintaining popularity and also, concealing my sexual identity, I began to craft stories and lie. I quickly learned that being and openly gay teenager from San Francisco was not acceptable in Scottsdale!


Q Do you regret any of your Tattoos?

A No Every tattoo I have was well thought out and has meaning. I really want to get a full sleeve but my family and friends have convinced me to wait.


Q Would you rather love, or be loved?

A. I can’t answer this. I have loved before for the wrong reasons and from the wrong place because I was not whole as a human being at the time. I have been loved but it was not authentic because the person they thought they loved was a manifestation, a façade. It is incredibly convoluted. I will come back to this question in the future.


Q What was something you secretly enjoyed doing before you went to prison?

A I have to admit that my favorite thing would have been cruising the aisles at Costco on a Saturday Afternoon.


Q Given your knowledge on cars, if you could own any car – what would it be, and why?

A  1997 Land Rover Defender (2 door) in Bristol Green or yellow. It’s my primary goal to find one and keep it forever. I have loved these Jeep-like vehicles ever since I first saw one. They are surprisingly simple, classic in style and get better with age in my opinion. They are great for all weather terrain and I am well versed on Land Rover engines so I could work on it myself.


Q What are some things that you believe will take time for you to learn and adapt to when you get out of prison?

A

  • Smart phones (my last phone was a Nokia 8350),
  • IPads, Navigation Systems (last one I used operated on CDs),
  • Airport procedures,
  • Obama Care (I had Blue Cross Blue Shield),
  • Social Media (I had MySpace),
  • Grocery Shopping (Food has changed – a lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment