Thursday, February 14, 2013

The OG vs the Fish; "We are expected to act first and ask questions later.."

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Yesterday, I was speaking with one of my ‘OG’s”(Old Guards); one of the people whom I have to answer to. There are only two of them. We were speaking about some drama that is occurring on the yard. John made a comment that caused my ‘OG’ to put him in check verbally. I thought John was going to shit his pants. Afterwards, I told John that he needs to remember that not all people are going to be receptive to his input. To many, he is still considered a “fish”, meaning a new inmate.
Even for me, I could never let certain people know that I talk things out, or even get advice at times from John. It would be a violation because I am considered an ‘OG’. I have experienced everything there is to see and have been to super max facilities that most will never see. We are expected to act first and ask questions later. I do not do that, but I have learned to give the believable impression that I do. That is where my aggressive observation comes in handy. I always need to know what guys are going to do before they know it themselves.

John is okay of course and I would never, ever allow anything to happen to him. Still, it was a reality check for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment