Thursday, February 21, 2013

Though I am off work this week, I am still busy as hell; "I have been inundated with other people’s problems."

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our boss has to fill in for an officer on maternity leave so John and I are off all week. I had plans to read, write and work out until my body could take no more. That has not been possible to do. Instead, I have been inundated with other people’s problems. It’s Thursday morning and the issues continue to come in.
Problem breakdown;

Sunday food visit; I have a friend here, who I do my best to keep ‘in line’. He desperately wants to be ‘somebody’, regardless how hard I try to sway him away from that desire. His wife was apprehended at the visitor check in, bringing in contraband. They apparently seized a couple of small bottles of alcohol from her. To make matters worse, the woman that she gave a ride to, was discovered to have narcotics in her vaginal canal. (I suspect she was trying to bring this in to whomever she was visiting.) In any case, the situation is bad and really, I have no sympathy for anyone because, as readers know, I am not a fan of drugs, not even spice. Still, my friend is now on edge and has been in constant need of hand holding. I am not a hand holding type of guy when I feel you blatantly brought these problems upon yourself. I will support him because he is my friend but the boy is suffocating me. Eventually the investigators will interview him and it is quite possible that he will be moved to a higher custody level yard somewhere in the state.
Monday Evening; An older white man made the mistake of picking up someone else’s sweatshirt. He truly believed it was his. The owner however, was dead set convinced that he was trying to steal it and would not let it go. Shortly thereafter, a few white guys beat the crap out of him literally and it was incredibly sad. It should never have happened but I have no say in how the white’s take care of their own problems. I was disgusted though.

Tuesday Morning; A white guy came to John begging for help. He is $310.00 in debt to the blacks. This guy went top John strategically knowing that John and I are best friends. It took me the better part of 4 hours to go around and speak to everyone he owes money to and get them to back off. I assured them that they would be paid in time and to be patient. I only did this to help out John. Dealing with the blacks in prison when it comes to money is incredibly challenging. They have no tolerance but they cannot go against my requests so, at least I have bought this guy some time, on John’s behalf. At this point, all I can say is that the money will hopefully be paid back. I cannot intercede on his behalf anymore.
Wednesday Afternoon; Since I am so often at work, and off the yard, I am not aware of how many of my ‘Brotha’s ‘ are getting trivial disciplinary tickets. They range from not being clean shaved, to sagging pants, out of place or not wearing their IDs. These tickets are warranted so I had to have a “Come to Jesus” meeting with some of the youngsters who are behaving like knuckleheads. It is not hard to walk around the yard and be in compliance. They need to get with the program because these trivial tickets can boost their points up quickly and before they know it, they will be relocated to a level 4 maximum custody yard. I have been on max yards and a lot of these youngsters have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Anyway, it’s been busy here and today has only just begun. I wonder what today will bring for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment