Thursday, February 21, 2013

Where would I be right now, if I wasn't here today?

Thursday, February 14, 2013

This is a question that I ask myself a lot and it is not always an easy question to answer. There is no denying the fact that if not for my accident, I would not be the man that I am today. I would not have matured in the same way, or had the time to really discover who I am as a person. So much of what I was doing prior to coming to prison was simply ‘keeping up with the Jones’.  Everything was about that moment in time and not about the next day, week or even year. Some would say that it is normal behavior for a 20 year old. The difference for me, was that I was in a real relationship at that time. That in mind, I had little balance to my life.
Looking back, I would have given anything to be able to have done things differently. Since I do not have that luxury, I will have to take everything that I have learned and take it with me as I embark on the next chapter of my life when I am released.

I am really looking forward to that.

Today is Valentine’s Day and even though it is a completely manufactured holiday, I went back through my memory rolodex to the good Valentine’s Days that I once had. It is just one more thing that I took for granted. Oh well. At least I am not overly sentimental about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment