Thursday, March 7, 2013

A weekend of change and recognition

Sunday, February 24, 2013

It’s closing in on 1:00 AM and I can’t sleep. My mind is traveling at 100 MPH as I am going over this weekend’s conversations with Joe. As a whole, the weekend was wonderful. All of my time spent with Joe is special because I get to exhale and truly be “me”. It’s a real escape from prison because I do not have to go over all the things that are happening here on a daily basis.
We talk about life, our friends, and help each other get clarity on so many things. He is a true friend. At the same time, he is the one person in my life who is able to successfully call me out on my shit and dig deep within my conscious mind.

A main topic of conversation was the idea of me being released and moving in with him in Boston. I have been going back and forth on this because we are polar opposites in every way. It could be very challenging for us both. I also do not want to insert myself into his well designed bachelorhood. After much consideration, I had decided that rather than moving in with him, it would be best for me to rent a room somewhere close to him in Boston when I eventually get out. Surprisingly, Joe raised some good arguments as to why that would not be the best idea. In the end, the final decision was for me to move in with him as a starting point. Boston will be a big, new city to me and it will allow me the time to get acclimated and adjusted. Of course there will be more conversations about expectations on both ends, but I am so appreciative that he would even do this for me.
Since there are five years remaining until then though, he and I both know that things are subject to change. I may meet a wonderful guy and fall in love. And that man may not be able (or willing) to relocate to Boston. Should that happen, I would have to change everything up. Who knows? Another variable would be the health of my family members. Should one of them become ill, I would of course need to relocate to a location such as San Francisco to support them.  But for now, the tentative plan is to relocate to Boston and begin my new life at Joe’s home in beautiful Mission Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment