Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another successful food visit; "We could practically not breath, we had consumed so much food."

Monday, February 11, 2013

Yesterday’s events went perfectly. It was, by all accounts, the 1st good day that I have had in some time and the only thing that could have made it better would have been to have had someone special to make love to, have a glass of wine with and to watch the Grammy Awards with. Instead, I opted to sit in my bed with John, down bottles of water and watch the Grammy’s.
Mom, Kevin, Paula and Deb all arrived early with two large coolers of treats. They had been slowly preparing this feast since Friday afternoon. Breakfast was Starbucks coffee with homemade vanilla topping, crepes filled with Nutella and bananas, French toast stuffed with cream cheese, oranges and Grand Marnier, prosciutto cups with mushrooms, eggs and bacon. Lunch was tomato bisque, linguini with clams, mussels and shrimp in a wine sauce, baked tilapia in a pablano chili cream sauce, meatloaf with mashed potatoes mixed with gouda cheese and horseradish. Desert was a pineapple upside down cheesecake, a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, and a chocolate-peanut butter crème brulee’ cheesecake - all from the Cheesecake Factory.

The food was amazing and John and I grazed on everything throughout the entire day. By the time 4:00 PM came around, we could practically not breath, we had consumed so much food. It was well worth it!
I actually slept in this morning, perhaps a foodie hangover, so I got up around 7:00 AM. I’m off of work today which is great. I think we can both use a day to recover! The only plan I have today is to get a workout in at some point before day’s end.


No comments:

Post a Comment