Saturday, March 2, 2013

A chance encounter that I cannot stop thinking about

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Normally when I am at visitation, I am in my own little world as far as prison goes and I am focused on my conversation with my visitors. Because I have been in prison for so long however, I am always aware of my surroundings.
This past Sunday, I was sitting with Kevin but continued to make eye contact with a very cute guy who was visiting with another inmate. I have seen him many times before. On that day however, our eye contact escalated and out of nowhere, he mentions my name aloud, but in question form. Our eyes locked, and he motioned for me to meet him by a wall in the area.

All he says to me is; “Nice blog”, then smiles and returns to go about his visit. I relayed the comment to Kevin and he laughed. My mind began to swim in thought. I finally worked up some much needed courage to approach him again. I told him that if he is aware of my blog, then he should get in touch with me sometime. He said that he definitely would – but time will tell…

No comments:

Post a Comment