Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shifting relationships

Sunday, February 24, 2013

I am upset with myself, It wasn’t until this weekend that I really recognized a complete shift in my relationship with my mother. She and I have had an amazing life together and I have always considered her as my best friend rather than my mother. It worked for us though, and looking back, I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Still, underneath it all, I have always been her “baby”.
Today however, I am 32 years old. I want to be independent, to have a separate life and possibly, have a partner to build that life with. With that in mind, I have been continuously been working on finding a true balance between myself and my mom. Right now, as I sit here at my little metal desk in prison, I can do that with relative ease. Successfully doing that while I am out in the real world, is going to be a bit more challenging. I do not view it as a good or bad thing, but simply, something that I am going to have to do in my life, in order to have a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment