Saturday, January 4, 2014

‘The future; it’s a hindrance’

Monday, December 16, 2013

If you are reading this, then I humbly ask you to take a moment and step outside of yourself. Tell yourself that you are an ex-felon; that you have just spent 16 years in prison and far away from society. Consider that you will have to find ways to raise revenue to support yourself. Also consider that the challenges of finding a job paying much more than minimum wage will be near impossible because of your past. 
 
What would you do?
 
For those of you who have been following me since the inception of this blog, you know that psychology is my passion. My mother and a couple of my aunts are determined to have me re-register for school at Ohio University and work toward my Psychology degree. I keep telling myself that it may very well become a useless degree though because of my history. Explaining that to them, has become more difficult than I ever could have imagined.

As I stated previously, I feel I should focus on being my own boss and really hone in on my aspirations for becoming an athletic trainer.  I somehow need to communicate that to certain people whose opinion I respect highly.
 
What to do? I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment