Sunday, January 26, 2014

'Orange is not the new black!'

Monday, January 13, 2014

Believe me, I get the metaphor. I have read the book; ‘Orange is the New Black’ and think the television series is amazing. Let me say though, as someone who is a self acclaimed male clothing whore, to wake up and have to wear orange, every day, for this many years, is horrendous. I cannot imagine ever wearing a shade of orange anything once I am released! I am confident in saying that I won’t even want to be around anyone wearing orange. And I thank God everyday that my respective favorite sports teams have no orange in their team color palettes.
I really don’t believe there is an article of clothing that I miss wearing most. If I had to, I would say a beautiful Dolce & Gabbana suit I had. I used to “swag” it up by wearing a basic white V neck and all white Addidas tennis shoes with it. I miss the way it felt on me and the versatility of it. I’d wear the jacket all the time with jeans and it was great. I really miss good underwear too.

Unfortunately, when I am released, I will be developing my wardrobe from scratch. For one, my body has grown and well, filled out considerably to the point where I am no longer a 28” waist. I am now a 32” waist but my thighs have also grown so it may prove tricky. It will certainly be an adventure I suppose. On the plus side, there are some people that received a beautiful selection of clothing donated to them when my mom finally gave up holding them for me.
C’est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment