Wednesday, February 26, 2014

‘Career Plan’

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Like so many people, I struggled with deciding what it was I actually wanted to do for a living. I had many interests and they each made me happy and feel fulfilled in some way. 

The serious interest that I have had in my life are:


Sports
Cooking
Physical Fitness
Fashion Design
Interior Design
Equestrian
Medicine/Psychology
Automobiles

Only recently did I make the final decision on pursuing a Pro-Athletic Trainer career. Mind you, my options became increasingly limited since I have become a felon.  Ironically, this decision could have so easily been mine even without my history.

I genuinely love physical fitness, sports, nutrition and overall health and wellness. I’m incredibly disciplined with it and began taking specific college level courses in this industry via correspondence in 2009. Since then, I have earned my MFT (Masters in Fitness Training). Currently I am working on specific certifications in strength conditioning and sports nutrition. My goal is to have as many certifications and degrees in my field as possible. I need to be as marketable as possible upon my release as a freelance trainer/nutritionist.
 
In the research that I have done, I have found that I will be able to be independent and self sufficient doing this for a living. Doing this will also allow me to be my own boss and not have my criminal history as a handicap in the hiring process. I fully expect to be judged harshly upon my release by the majority of people that I come in contact with. This career plan will make it easier for me to transition back into society and the workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment