Tuesday, February 4, 2014

'The Bookworm That I Am'

Monday, January 27, 2014

I am half way through one of the best books that I have ever read. It is called ‘The Goldfinch’, by Donna Tartt. I have read easily over a thousand books throughout my incarceration and in my own way, I have become somewhat of a critic. Anyway, it has become more and more challenging for me to truly enjoy just any fiction book because I have read so many. ‘The Goldfinch’ however, is incredibly well written, and for an epic tale, it does not get boring. It will be added to my top 5 books.
That list would be comprised of the following, beginning with my favorite book that I have ever read:

She’s Come Undone’ – by Wally Lamb









‘The Room’ – by Emma Donoghue
 
 
 
 
 

‘Middlesex’ – by Jeffrey Eugenides

 
 
 
 
‘The Poisonwood Bible’ – by Barbara Kingsolver

 
 
 
 
‘The Goldfinch’ – by Donna Tartt

 
 
 
 
 
Each novel is different, well written, powerful and very thought provoking. Books are usually very personal in that the reader can appreciate certain qualities within the content. For me, I suppose it would be fair to say that each novel was successful in causing me to be more circumspect about my own life.
That, is always a good thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment