Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thanksgiving night; "I am thankful that I have made it through another year in here."

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Night
Our meal was completely forgettable. It consisted of: A large slice of mechanically separated and processed turkey that was a faint, iridescent shade of green, wheat bread stuffing formed into a hockey puck shape placed in a watery mound of fake mashed potatoes, severely overcooked carrots with absolutely no nutritional value remaining, a dinner roll that could serve as a weapon and a piece of pumpkin pie that was actually edible and pretty good. All that in mind, John and I made some tamales and cake back at the dorm. We are not big soda drinkers but we had rootbeer and watched football all day.

The day has been kick back; no assaults, no problems and for that, I am incredibly thankful. I did call mom and Kevin to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving, but that was all.
If someone were to ask me what I am thankful for, I would say first, and foremost; my friends and family, my health and my sanity, and lastly, I am thankful that I have made it through another year in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment