Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Town Hall Meeting; "Some white guy was stabbed in front of my dorm."

Monday, November 19, 2012

Since our mini riot last Tuesday, there has been a whirlwind of violence here. Our lockdown went on through Thursday and were finally placed on normal operations that morning. I had to be present at a town hall meeting with our Deputy Warden that morning.
The meeting was okay. I have a lot of respect for the Deputy Warden. She is no-nonsense and direct, which is something I can completely appreciate. She also has no problem meeting with an inmate one-on-one to try and help with whatever situation arises. That, is a rarity. The meeting went alright though and was over in a couple of hours. There was nothing that was brought up that I did not know already so mostly, I just sat and listened.

That evening, when the yard opened up for the night, some white guy was stabbed in front of my dorm. So back on lockdown we went again. I was able to get out to go to work on Friday .  That was good, because I had many loose ends to tie up before going on a 12 day vacation.
Again, we came off lockdown early yesterday morning so I was able to go out, use the phone and take care of a couple of things. Like clockwork though, as soon as the yard opened up for night rec last night, another white guy was assaulted. Argh!

Lockdown is the story of our life.
Since I am off now for an entire week, I have no idea of what’s in store. I will blog and work out. John is planning the menu for Thanksgiving. But I will have to cook it.
Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment