Saturday, December 8, 2012

The prison knows I am out here; "Does it give me pause?"

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I received a print out of my blogs face page from Joe. It arrived about a month later than he sent it. It had been opened and had the red “INSPECTED” stamp on it 3 different times. I would say that about 10% of our mail here is inspected. It is standard policy for the DOC (Department of Corrections) and rightfully so. You would be surprised at the things some inmates attempt to receive and/or mail home.
For me however, this simple act tells me that my blog is now out there – for real. The DOC is now fully aware of what I am doing and what I am writing about. Does it give me pause? I admit that at first, it did. But I am okay with it now. I am not here to condemn the department at all. I am simply here to tell my story, my daily journal if you will. I doubt that there will be any repercussions, but it is always a possibility.

There is a reason that many people belong to be here and the DOC has a job to do. As you might expect, 95% of the inmate population does not agree with me on this. They would go on and on about how badly they are being treated and how unjust it all is. Overall, we are not treated badly. This is a prison. There will be restrictions and rules and policies. At the end of the day, most just do not want to accept the fact that we have all done something, minor or major, to be placed here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment