Friday, November 9, 2012

Awake and ready to conquer another day; "When I get up, they get up."

Thursday, October 25, 2012

It is 4:00 AM in the sand pit known as ASPC Lewis Complex. I have officially returned back to the swing of things and my early mornings have come back. At the moment, I am in a good mood though I have just pissed some people off by waking them. J Over time, I have been able to get the majority of my coworkers moved into my run with me. It’s been great because we are all level headed and keep the peace. On top of that, I have a really good run and. As it stands, we practice no racial or inner prison politics here. Our run is like Switzerland in a way.

So now I have John, Efren, Terry and Teryl here. When I get up, they get up. I feel almost parental as I walk down the run and rub their backs to bring them to consciousness. Usually they stare at me for a moment with distaste and then cover their heads with their blankets. Not long after, they actually begin to rise.  This morning however, as I look over to my right, John continues to look at me with a comical, yet evil eyes as he glances at his watch. I can’t help but to laugh beneath my breath. I know it is horrible to say, but it is nice to find comic relief here even if it is at the hands of my friend’s displeasure.

The yard has been insane with drama but I have really done my best to rise above it. When it comes down to it, all of the incidents that have taken place have been brought on by us, the inmates. It’s ridiculous how they sometimes get caught and then whine about being treated unfairly. I have but to find it amusing. Everyday is something. I actually gotten into the habit of bracing myself mentally before stepping outside. Lately I have not been able to make it beyond ten feet without someone coming to me to complain or ask for advice. My usual responses are as follows:

·       “Do I look like I have a magic wand?”

·       “Go lay on your bed and lick your nuts because it sounds like you’re fucked!”

·       “You are an IDIOT.”

·       “Oh well….”

Rarely will I ever say:

·       “I will look into it.”

I never, ever say “I will take care of it”, because if nothing can be done, guess who is to blame? Me. Believe me when I say that is not a good position to be in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment