Thursday, November 22, 2012

Finding a Partner...Does it matter?

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It is late, around midnight and I guess I have not gone to sleep yet for two reasons.

The first reason is that I received quite an intriguing letter from Joe. He posed a question to me at the end of it that has got me to do some thinking, as he always does. Since then, I have been unable to shut my mind off.
I have explained to you that Joe is my blog master. He is an outstanding friend and since he does know me so well, he also has a very keen way of picking me apart. Thankfully, I am also capable of doing the same thing to him. In any case, he is able to read and comprehend the blog entries in a different fashion than I do. For me of course, I am simply writing my experiences, my thoughts and such, on paper. In this recent letter from him that I received, he incorporated the following paragraph;

“On a side note, there is a very apparent, reoccurring message that expresses your unbridled desire to be in love. It may be very unintentional David, but the last thing you want to do in your blog is plant, what could easily be misconstrued as, an ulterior motive. Lighten up on that a bit, or at least find a way to plant that message in a more subtle, sophisticated manner. You do not want your readers to begin thinking that your real goal with the blog is to find a partner… (or do you?)”
So this message really struck a chord with me. It was not that Joe said what he had said, but rather the fact that is is possible that I have come across as the person whom he described. Now, Joe being one person who really knows me, has a one up on most of you because he is actively aware that I am a relationship oriented guy. But I still must take heed to his neutral observation. There is a strong case here that he may be right, but I assure you, it is completely unintentional.  I tend to write with my thinking voice and when left alone with my thoughts… well you have read the results. All I can say is that I have never really looked at this blog as a way of meeting someone in a romantic way. That doesn’t mean however, that I will not actively hide my desire to have someone special in my life.

The second reason that I am still awake is because there are a couple of new faces living in my run now. I have a problem going to sleep before new people. I feel unsettled because I do not know who they are or what they are about. I like to be aware of my surroundings and it takes awhile to adjust when there are new people around me. It’s an environmental hazard and one that I surely will have to break at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment