Sunday, November 11, 2012

Six Degrees of Separation; (or in my case, 3?)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I received a letter yesterday from a great guy that I have been corresponding with. His partner, who is a model, set up a photo shoot with my friend Joe, who will be here to visit me this weekend. The whole thing was very ironic because Joe’s photography website has gotten loads of attention. James, the man I have been writing to, had no idea that Joe and I actually knew one another. As I was reading his letter, I had quite the serendipitous moment. I promptly responded and told him that his partner was in good hands and that he should connect the dots with Joe regarding him visiting me in prison. I only wish I could have seen the look on his face.
The whole thing got me thinking though. This is not the first time I have ended up corresponding with someone who just happens to know a friend of a friend. It would make sense of course if the people were already aware of me, but they are not. Once the dots are connected, there is always surprise there.

So I wonder if the whole thing about 6 degrees of separation actually has some truth to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment