Monday, January 21, 2013

I think it's time for a change; "I realized that I am so over "it". "

Monday, January 14, 2013

So, I went into work today and found myself simply going through the motions. Since I practically took the entire previous week off, I had a lot to catch up on but instead, I found myself sitting there in disgust. It was like a light switch was flipped; I realized that I am so over "it". I am so tired of hearing people complain about the most juvenile shit. These grown-ass men here absolutely refuse to take any form of responsibility for anything!
As I was processing this thought, my mind segued to the people themselves.
As I scanned the room, I took in the sight of all these transient looking men; no teeth, scraggly hair, old faded tattoos, bodies of ill proportion… I wondered how this happened and why? I have to admit we have some horribly unattractive men here, many with unbelievably poor hygiene habits. Most of the somewhat “normal” guys have taken to assigning names or terms for their habits:

·       The “Fireman”; An inmate who sleeps fully dressed, gets out of bed and immediately runs to the chow hall for every meal without washing his face or brushing his teeth.

·       The “Caveman”; An inmate who doesn’t shower at all – for any reason. It’s if they have an allergy to water.

·       The “No follow through guy”; An inmate who will work out, play basketball and then afterward, take a shower only to put the same funky underwear back on.

·       The “Water Shitter”; An inmate who lifts the toilet seat and then sits inside the toilet, way down to take his bowle movement.

·       “Saskwatch Feet”; An inmate who showers barefoot without shower shoes

·       The “Tooth Obsessed”; An inmate who, due to crystal meth, has now only one tooth in his entire mouth and proceed to brush and care for it like it is a fricken diamond.

·       The “No Wiper”; An inmate how has a bowel movement and never wipes. He simply gets up and goes about his business.

·       The “Naked Shitter”; An inmate that must be completely nakes to have a bowel movement.
Now, hopefully you can understand why I have become a bit jaded when it comes to certain individuals that I live around!

No comments:

Post a Comment