Saturday, January 5, 2013

Time stops for no one; "Looking ahead is really all I can do now.."

Monday, December 24, 2012

Things have been okay for the past couple of days. It very well could be the calm before the storm, but perhaps not. I am hoping that not too many attempt making ‘hooch’ (prison alcohol) for New Year’s Eve. That whole thing typically turns out badly. All I can do is wait and see. As you can imagine, an environment filled with drunken, testosterone storming inmates, especially those who have brains the size of a fruit fly… is not a good thing. Most of us end up running for cover.
It’s hard for me to believe that 2013 is almost here. It’s bittersweet to know that I have chipped away so many years of this sentence. Looking back is not easy because it’s insane when I consider all that I have been through. Looking ahead is really all I can do now. I have basically five years left on my sentence but I can still vividly remember day 1 of it. I doubt I will ever forget it. I know that I should feel lucky for having made it this far, but I do not. I truly feel that it has nothing to do with luck. It has everything to do with how successful one can be at adapting and playing the ‘game’.

Then I will look over the wall and see John. I try to imagine being in his shoes. How would I feel having a release date of 2038?
I wonder how I would handle that?

No comments:

Post a Comment