Saturday, January 5, 2013

Subtle life changes are sometimes great motivators

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A memo is going up today informing the inmate population that the yard will now be open from 5:00 AM to 4:00 PM only. In essence they will no longer be having the yard open at night. As soon as word gets out, there is going to be a huge uproar from all the inmates that work. We who actually have regular working hours will never have recreation or yard time. Most of us are at work around 6:00 AM and not usually back to the yard until 3:30 0r 4:00 PM.
For me, I will have to completely change my schedule. It sucks because there is a lot I can get done outside in the evenings. I am used to having wrenches thrown into my plans, but most inmates rely on consistency. That in mind, I know there will be a lot of headaches to come soon.

A part of me wonders if this is a sign? I have been mulling over writing a book for some time now and maybe this is the time. There are a few obstacles within this plan though. Ideally, I would prefer to give up my job and dedicate myself to writing the book. But I am also on the fence when it comes to subject matter of the book.
Some ideas that have been presented to me are as follows:
1.       How to prison guide

2.       A gay man’s prison manual

3.       Essays on the pen pals that I have met throughout

4.       Basic memoir
For whatever reason, #3 is getting the most support from the friends and family that I have run these ideas by. If anyone would like to add their 2 cents, then please feel free. I would genuinely love to hear people’s thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment