Thursday, January 31, 2013

Patiently waiting for a change of pace; "People here, just do not want to play nice with others."

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It’s hard to believe that we have only been under Normal Operations for 8 days out of the 22 of this new year. I’m not sure what I should conclude from this other ther than the fact that people here, just do not want to play nice with others.
There has been one serious assault after another and I know that the administrators are trying their best to get a hold of it. The problem is that for them, the only option is mass punishment; hence the lockdowns and revocation of visitation privileges over this past weekend.

As a whole, I was not nearly as upset as the rest of the population, but then again, I have been on some of the most violent yards in this state. I’m well aware of what the administrators will do when their hands are tied. Though I am not a fan of mass punishment, even I have to agree that this, is really their only option.
I was not expecting a visit this weekend so my family and friends were not affected by this. I did however look forward to my weekend phone calls to Joe and I really needed to call Marc and speak to him as well. Instead, I wrote letters, watched the Food Network, ate too much, worked out too much (I am entirely too sore) and got caught up on sleep.

Being that yesterday was a holiday, we were locked down anyway. At the moment it is 5:30 AM. The yard should have already opened up if they were planning on taking us off of Lockdown. Since they have not, I will have to come up with some things to occupy my time today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment