Thursday, January 10, 2013

Another year has come to an end; "Tomorrow, I will be able to officially say that I only have 5 years left"

Monday, December 31, 2012

I woke up this morning with a great sense of peace over me. Come tomorrow, I will be able to officially say that I only have 5 years left to go on my sentence. To many of you, the thought of spending 5 years in prison would be unbelievable, but for myself and many others, it is not much. Mentally, I have been waiting to hit that marker for a long time. In prison, anyone doing 5 years or less is considered ‘short time’. For me, the only downside is that It is a true reminder that I have been in this place now for 11 years. I validate it by telling myself that I have survived it though and that I will continue on as best as I can.
I can’t believe it’s 2013.

We are supposed to work today but I am not going in until this afternoon. I have a lot of cooking to do for the fellas for the New Year. John will hold things down at the office and if an issue arises, then they will call for me. Hopefully they don’t because I’m really looking forward to taking it easy, spending the day in my sweats, cooking and listening to music. It is so cathartic for me. I am officially off tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. I only have to go in Wednesday to get payroll done for the inmate workers on the yard. Essentially I just make sure that everyone signs their pay and verifies the hours worked. I can get that done in about 4 hours, so that is not too bad.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I feel like 2013 will actually be an okay year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment