Thursday, January 31, 2013

New and intriguing connections...

Thursday, January 22, 2013

This past weekend, I received a manila envelope with a letter and photos enclosed from a man named Dre. It has been a long time since I have received any correspondence to which I have really felt an instinctual urge to respond back to. So I did. We shall see where this goes.
Along with that, I also heard back from one of my cousins, Candice, who lives in Atlanta. She is on my biological father's side of the family and we pretty much grew up together. Over the years, she has fallen off in her writing but I know that she has other things going on. It was so great to hear from her though. I have always felt very close to that side of my family and it really is wonderful to hear from them.

Last, but not least, I heard from my ex Marc (no relation to the Marc I needed to call this past weekend…). He was hired by a magazine in New York and will be moving to Manhattan from San Francisco where he currently lives.  I am really very happy for him. I must’ve read his letter ten times or so. It’s really good to hear that he is doing so well and thriving in this economy. My response was short and sweet, but warm.
That chapter of my life is certainly over but I will always wish him the best.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment