Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Maintaining some kind of Individuality; "I have gone through another transformation."

Monday, October 15, 2012

I am not sure if it is boredom or just me, but I have gone through another transformation. I have shaved my head completely and have trimmed and lined up a beard. Because we are all in this ungodly color orange, many of us do things to preserve some level of individuality. A lot of guys in here take queues from me because I am very used to doing it. From a lifetime of private schools and uniforms, I have always tried to find minor things to do that would set me apart from the rest. At best, it is something to do.
For example, I personally prefer V neck T shirts so I have a guy who sews very well tailor my orange shirts into V necks. I have my T short sleeves cut down so they are more form fitting around my arms. My socks have all been turned into ankle socks. I’ve had draw strings sewn into my shorts and sweats. All of these little things set me apart a bit and for whatever reason, it helps me to feel a little but more like “me”.

There are of course, big things that stand out as well, I have large silver chain necklace with a black cotton fiber cross on it. I also have a silver ring and a big black G Shock watch. My tennis shoes; well, they are the icing on the cake. Yes, these are all just material objects and they essentially mean nothing, but I can’t help but to feel that there is a little bit of the David that used to be – still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment