Saturday, October 27, 2012

Support; "Now, it is my turn."

Friday, October 19, 2012

The past couple of days have been pretty good. All of the dorms are officially back on normal operations now so all are welcome to play. Thus far, everyone is playing nicely. I have worked out 5 times in the past 2 days so my body is spent and sore. I will likely take today off. For whatever reason, this physical drive just came over me and so I went with it. I do feel good though.

Mom will be here tomorrow to visit all day. I have not seen her for 6 weeks and it has been good. I have really needed to get myself together mentally. For a good long while, I have been allowing my own mental state to be controlled by everything she has, or has not been doing. There is a very strange shift that has occurred as I have gotten older though. Somehow, I have almost become parental towards her.
Years ago, when I was living my free life, I am absolutely positive that I was making choices and doing things that she did not agree with. But she still supported me in every way. Now, it is my turn. I believe that there are so many things she could be doing to make her life better that she is not willing to do. It upsets me to no end, but I must let it go, and not take it personally. All that said, I hope that tomorrow goes well and that I will be able to stay in a positive mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment